Monday 14 May 2012

Jimmy Eat World (Ulster Hall)

Now although this was my 3rd gig I technically believe it to be my first real one. It was on a school day and I was sitting in Home Ech when my teacher came over and told me my "mother" had called the school and I needed to go home. It was in fact my sister busting me out of school because we wanted to get to the gig asap.
This time we were going with Erin, Nikita and Karen. We queue up outside for ages in the pouring rain and we were soaked to the bone by the time we got inside. The whole venue was packed and the heat was almost unbearable. The whole place was like almost full of condensation as we all dried off. The support act were some shitty local band called Element (now the much better In Case of Fire) and I somehow managed to wander into the mosh pit during their set and stumbled out in terror! (haha!) Also a girl from Larne helped me and Erin to get to the front, it was lesson one oh one in elbowing, pushing and stamping on feet.


Jimmy Eat World were just incredible and my love for them multiplied that night. I also remember Karen apparently collapsed (lolz) and funnily enough she never went to a gig again. :P


Bye now
JoBot. X

No comments:

Post a Comment