Tuesday 15 May 2012

Good Charlotte

It's not secret that the first band I ever loved was Good Charlotte and to this day I still adore and admire that band. I always feel grateful to them as i genuinely believe they help shape me as a person.
Anywho, yes, where where we? oh...
So, GC were touring the UK with their Chronicles of Life and Death album and I was desperate to see my idols. We booked a flight and a hotel room and we flew to Glasgow (22/03/05), I remember Erin almost didn't get to go because she only had a birth certificate instead of a passport but luckily we struck gold and they allowed us all to go. YAY!
At the time Chris Wilson was still the official drummer for the band and it had been reported that he was suffering from joint problems (actually he was just a junkie) and he wouldn't be able to play with them for the meantime, as soon as we arrived at the academy we were asked by some girls to sign a card for Chris which we happily did. (i wonder what ever happened to that card, I'm sure they just tore it up...) We then joined the queue and I was beside this MASSIVE Scottish man who looked like a wife beater. He said to me "Do you mind giving me a bit of room here?" and we hastily side stepped away from him. As the afternoon progressed I started complaining about all the rubbish under my feet. You know like really loudly "Isn't it ridiculous that people throw down all their crap, look! It's everywhere!" then I kicked some of the rubbish and the big scary man went "Excuse me that's my stuff..." HAHAHA oops.

The first support act were a band called the Explosion and they were followed by Millencoln. They were both alright I suppose.
We were in near hysteria by the time G-to the mutha fuckin- C came on. It started in pitch black while "The battle of life and death" played out in that beautifully haunting Japanese sound. Then the boys came out and smashed us into The Anthem. We were front left just under Billy and it was just incredible. They said all this funny/cheesy stuff about Scotland and it was just brilliant.
I also remember going back to the hotel room and we lay in the dark singing songs from the Lion King. We're crazy mofos I tells ya.
 Benji had a cold and I woke up the next day in the hotel room with the sniffles. I thought it was amazing...I'd caught Benji's sexy germs...

Toodles
JoBot x

No comments:

Post a Comment