Thursday 17 May 2012

Green Day

I wanted to see Green Day. American Idiot had just blown up and I really wanted to see that band live, when they announced the Milton Keynes shows I was interested. The day the announced that Taking Back Sunday and Jimmy Eat World were supporting them I nearly had a brain hemorrhage. Within that day we booked 4 tickets. My sister's friend dropped out on going so Me, Sarah, Erin and Nikita went.
As soon as we stepped of the plane (10/05/05) the heat hit us. It was early in the morning and it was roasting. By the time we made it to the MKB it was scorching. I was wearing black jean, green day tee and my converse. It was far far to hot and we were crushed against the barrier waiting to get in. I remember my head felt really fuzzy and everyone voices sounded really slow and far away and my eyes went all prickly, I have no idea if I somehow fainted standing up or what but the heat just got to me so bad. it was scary!
We eventually got "in" and went and found a spot. We basically sunbathed (much to our dismay) for ages, we really started to burn and I got up and marched over to this couple and said "Excuse me...please can I have some of your sun cream?" and the girl went "hmm...well it's not really mine...." and the boy just shrugged so I lifted it and squirted a dollop into my hand and took it back and we shared it but it was too late... alas we were crispy eared. A cup of HOT water cost £3 (we used our converse as cup holders) and 4 ice lollies cost TWENTY QUID!! yes £20.00! But we needed them... so fucking hot! Simple Plan were up first but they had to pull out of the show so Hard-Fi were opening. They were shit and every time I hear them on the radio I get a sudden attack of "sunstroke" haha, The singer wanted us to all shout "hello mum" into his camera...that's about all I remember of them. Honestly.
TBS were up next. I'd been a HUGE fan of theres and it was a huge treat to see them for the first time. Adam was all shaven and lanky and "Where you want to Be" was just out. Me and Sarah sang our hearts out. Next Jimmy Eat World came out. They were amazing... When the did "A praise Chorus..." Well Oh my god... Adam Lazzara came out and sang with Jim and Tom and it was just magical! Jim went "So come on ADAM sing me something that I know..."*


The sun had just gone down behind the stage when Green Day came on. From the second they stepped on it was incredible. They never stopped for a second. BJA... no man can command an audience like that man. If he had shouted "Kick yourself in the face" we'd all have dislocated hips and bloody noses.


OH! and there was an epic fireworks display after too  ^_^


Getting back to our hotel wasn't fun. 75,000 people walking out of a stadium took...a while... we had to follow this forest trail, it was so dark no one could see, then we walked streets and streets and finally got a taxi...it whizzed us down the street and charged us a fare! :) but we didn't give a damn we were exhausted! In the hotel there was a mini bottle of moisturiser and we fought over it. Our legs were burned through our jeans but it was so worth it. To this day it remains one of my all time best times. :)


*Sorry Green Day but this might just be my best memory of the day! <3


anywho...
JoBot X

No comments:

Post a Comment